Posted by: Raven Developers on Tue, 09/13/2016 - 17:35
It's a technological struggle where everything is at your finger tips yet we seek convenience and accessibility in all walks of life. This reminds me of…
There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians.
~ Georges Pompidou
Posted by: Raven Developers on Wed, 07/17/2013 - 17:41
Comedy has never been a genre that moved me unless it was genuine, spontaneous and definitely not if it was soft comedy. When it comes to Black humor nobody can outperform George Carlin in his prime word-smith satire as he debunks the language of politics and euphemism at National Press Club conference held in Washington DC (1999).
Now folks, no politics or euphemism in what you're about to read. Unfortunately couldn't find any transcript of this conference, so, tailored one. Fast forwarding 10-15 minutes and George begins with his legendary rant:
Posted by: Raven Developers on Fri, 02/08/2013 - 02:50
Financial crisis in 2008 shook influential trees all around the world and as the saying goes "Ponzi came in full circle". A hippie over-bloated euphoria of power, politics and hypocrisy that revoked money and power from competent people and landed with bunch of incompetent people. A summary by Michael Kreiger:
Posted by: Raven Developers on Sun, 02/22/2009 - 23:57
Tara is a bodhisattva embodying compassion in the female form of a young goddess. Tara, whose name means "star" or "she who ferries across," is a Bodhisattva of compassion who manifests in female form. In Tibetan, Tara is known as "Dölma" (Sgrol-ma), or "She Who Saves." In particular she represents compassion in action, since she’s in the process of stepping from her lotus throne in order to help sentient beings.
Posted by: Raven Developers on Sat, 11/22/2008 - 19:04
- Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- To understand everything is to forgive everything.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.