Posted by: Raven Developers on Sun, 02/22/2009 - 23:57
Tara is a bodhisattva embodying compassion in the female form of a young goddess. Tara, whose name means "star" or "she who ferries across," is a Bodhisattva of compassion who manifests in female form. In Tibetan, Tara is known as "Dölma" (Sgrol-ma), or "She Who Saves." In particular she represents compassion in action, since she’s in the process of stepping from her lotus throne in order to help sentient beings.
Posted by: Raven Developers on Sat, 11/22/2008 - 19:04
- Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- To understand everything is to forgive everything.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.